De Montfort University Sports Scholarships – In today’s world characterized by sedentary lifestyles, constant struggle to maintain work–life balance, and lack of exposure to adequate sunlight, the importance of sweating it out by playing a team sport cannot be emphasized enough. The sheer acts of setting systematic goals, working as a team, and shedding the comfort zone entail a world of benefits at the physical, mental, emotional, and social levels.
However, in a highly academics-driven world, students are seldom motivated to pursue co-curricular activities in the absence of external motivation. Consequently, several universities worldwide are now offering scholarships for students harbouring an innate passion for sports. De Montfort University provides essential financial support and encouragement to students displaying a spark in co-curricular activities. Here’s everything you should know about the De Montfort University sports scholarship:
De Montfort University Sports Scholarships
Exclusive Features of the DMU Sports Scholarship
Students’ Personal Financial Cover for Sports
Students eligible for the DMU sports scholarship are provided up to £6,000 to pursue their sports endeavours. Furthermore, the school offers a bursary of £4,000, coupled with value-in-kind funding of £2,000, that students may use to cover sports-related expenses.
One-on-One Support and Coaching
Every child is bestowed with inherent talent—the best schools help their students unravel their magic. De Montfort University nurtures its young sports-stars through its elite performance package, providing them with personalized strength and conditioning training, expert guidance on nutrition and psychology, workshops, etc.—all under one hood. Such scaffolding facilitates their physical and mental wellbeing and increases their preparedness for extensive sports activities.
Access to Exclusive Sports Opportunities and Facilities!
The DMU sports scholarship also eases students’ access to a plethora of lucrative opportunities and facilities. For example, all students shortlisted for the scholarship are granted membership to the prestigious Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre. The college also entails a watershed facility, which offers additional space for the conduction of sports events and club proceedings. Moreover, Beaumont Park, associated with De Montfort University, Leicester, hosts the DMU football, rugby, lacrosse, and American football matches and is equipped with premier sports facilities, including a well-maintained clubhouse and spacious pitches.
Classifications in the DMU Sports Scholarship
The DMU sports scholarship entails four classifications or “tiers” based on which it provides bursaries and cost benefits to students:
- Tier I entails students representing their sport at an international, elite level. A student in this tier receives a cash bursary of £4,000and value in kind of £2,000.
- Tier II comprises students representing their sports at an international, junior level or on a National Governing Body development pathway. Such students receive bursaries and value in kind of £2,500 and £1,000, respectively.
- Tier III entails students representing their sports regionally and shortlisted to play in national-level competitions. Students in tier III receive a cash bursary of £1,000 and value in kind of £600.
- Tier IV comprises students playing exceptionally at the regional/county levels. Such students receive cash bursaries and value in kind of £500 each.
- Recognition tier is for students who are eligible for tiers I or II of the DMU sports scholarship but are already receiving an academic scholarship at DMU. Such students receive cash bursaries and value in kind of £500 and £1000, respectively.
Are you a student with exceptional talent in and zest for sports activities? DMU Leicester and DMU Dubai are here to support you in your endeavors! Click here to apply for the DMU University.