10 Best Universities in UK for International Students – Of all the countries, the UK has been one of the most preferred education destinations, especially for Indian students. 90 universities in the UK have made it to the world’s top universities! If you have landed on this page, you are probably looking to study abroad, especially in the UK. Studying abroad has many perks, like a higher level of exposure, lifestyle, and career prospects.
There is always an unfair advantage when you graduate from a renounced university. The program you opt for and the University you choose to attend are two significant influences on your career. Of course, Universities like the University of Oxford and Cambridge are the best-known worldwide. Still, there are many other great universities not to miss out on while considering your study abroad in UK.
10 Best Universities in UK for International Students
University of Edinburgh
This prestigious university was founded in 1583, boasting an empire of notable alumni who are noble laureates, Academicians, Olympic champions, politicians and personalities who have aced many other fields.
- Stands 22nd in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 350+ courses over various 15+ domains like business administration, Engineering, environmental sciences, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 27,993 per annum (INR 28,14,000)
University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is known for its high-quality research, leading to astounding breakthroughs of global prominence in various fields of science. This is a hub for innovations. With highly knowledgeable faculty that nurtures the students, the University is a preferred destination for employers.
- Stands 32nd in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 160+ courses related to science and medicine. 60+ courses on other domains like business, environmental studies, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 20086 per annum (INR 20,21,000)
King’s College, London
King’s College London was founded by King George IV and the Duke of Wellington in 1829. It remains one of the oldest universities in the UK. The university offers the opportunity to study abroad for different durations, whether a semester, an entire year or a summer, through its network of more than 150 partner institutions worldwide. It is the largest center for educating doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals in Europe. It houses six Medical Research Council centers, which is the highest number of research council centers in any of the British universities.
- Stands 40th in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 320+ courses over 15+ domains like Political science, Medicine, Computer science, Art and design, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 29048 per annum (INR 29,22,000)
University of Bristol
The University of Bristol is one of the few red-brick universities in the UK that’s now older than a century. The University offers a wide range of courses from liberal arts to STEM fields. It is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities known for its well-appreciated research and discovery in social science, engineering, life sciences and law.
- Stands 55th in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers almost 650 courses over 15+ domains like Political science, law, Life sciences, Language studies, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 25,845 per annum (INR26,03,000)
University of Leeds
The University of Leeds is more than a century old and is one of the largest Universities in the UK. It is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities. The University is known for providing its students with vast learning opportunities and is recognized as the winner of the Queen’s Anniversary prize thrice.
It houses amazing members of faculty who have been awarded 29 teaching fellowships.
- Stands 75th in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers almost 270+ courses over 15+ domains like Political science, law, History, Science, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 23358 per annum (INR23,52,000)
University of Glasgow
Being one of the founding members of Universitas 21 – an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education, you can imagine the quality of education provided at the University of Glasgow! This is one of the oldest universities university in the world, being founded in 1945. The University is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities and has a vast network of 420 study exchange partners across the globe.
- Stands 76th in QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 1125 courses over 15+ domains like environmental studies, law, Medicine, Science, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 17263 per annum (INR17,40,000)
Durham University is one of the preferred Universities for International students that provide quality education across many domains. Being a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, the University provides top-notch academic opportunities like exchange programmes with travel grants, Student-faculty collaboration on research projects, etc.
- Stands 78th in the QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 380+ courses over 15+ domains like Business Administration, Law, Education, Environmental studies, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 25042 per annum (INR 2522000)
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is one of the top 100 universities in the world, with a fantastic community of faculty, students and research scholars. The university incubates start-up businesses and has spun more businesses, like Southampton Photonics, than almost any other British universities, It embraces its students’ various requirements by offering full-time and entirely online courses.
- Stands 81st in the QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 600+ courses over 15+ domains like Engineering, Language studies, business management, science, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 23141 per annum (INR 2334000)
University of Birmingham
This decade-old university is a red-brick university with a campus of 672 acres, is well known for its research facilities and community of faculty composing 10 Nobel Laureates. The campus houses places for drink receptions, conferences, sports fixtures, museums, etc. The University boasts a community of students and academic staff from around 150 countries, offering exchange programmes with leading European Institutions.
- Stands 84th in the QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 1000+ courses over 15+ domains like Engineering, Law, History, business management, science, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 20591 per annum (INR 2077000)
University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is one of the original red-brick buildings and a founding member of the Russell group. The University ranks among the top 10 universities for research grant funding. The university houses 50 departments categorized into 5 faculties and an international faculty.
- Stands 104th in the QS world ranking of best universities.
- Offers 180+ courses over 10+ domains like Engineering, Law, History, Social science, science, etc.
- The average tuition fee is GBP 23517 per annum (INR 2372000)
Here are our 10 best universities in UK for international students looking to study in the UK and take full advantage of studying abroad. The best part is that getting into these universities won’t be complicated because SecureMyScholarship is here to help you through the entire process. Like icing on the get, you can get exclusive scholarships for these universities!